Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I can summarize what his brother said in his will in two words: Fuck 'em.


My brother recently passed away at the age of 48 and left me everything in his estate. Won't give the amount, but he was very successful with the company he founded (which he also left me in charge of), so we're talking a good amount of savings and property.
His ex-wife and two children have since been pleading with me to help them out, the daughter even claimed that my brother had promised her X amount several times before his death. But that was never in the will, and my brother had explained his decision to give me power more than once. The wife had cheated on him, and turned both kids against him after the divorce. He was not on speaking terms with either of his children at the time of his death, but of course, now they break down in tears proclaiming their love for him every time I see them.
They're asking me to pay their car bills, help with tuition, and even buy plane tickets to Vegas (apparently it's a great place to mourn your dead father). I have refused them even a dime, and feel that I am in the right on this matter.
What would you do? It is getting to the point of harassment.
The children are 20 and 22 years old.