Monday, October 22, 2007

African Dreams

  [a1.jpg]

I wish to have sex with a man from every race: white, brown, black, yellow, green, short and tall. I would do anything to achieve that. And then I would cease to be local and be international instead.
FATUMA JAILA, 26, SEX WORKER, KIGALI, RWANDA



I want to have sex with at least two girls from every tribe in Uganda. So far I have covered about 58 percent of them. After that I will consider myself a hero.
CHAPMAN MUTEGO, 29, MALE SEX WORKER, BUSOGA JINJA, UGANDA



I want to go naked my entire life, with no clothes to burden me. I was born naked, I will live naked and I will die naked.
PULKOR AJON, 71, FARMER, KOTIDO KARAMONJA, UGANDA



I live in a land of contrasts, where more than 50 percent of the population lives on less than US$1 a day, in a country that has the biggest market for Mercedes Benz cars. I wish for equality and compassion. Equality in which people are more important than tribes, races and religion. Compassion through which all people, regardless of differences, care about others and work toward improving the life of all.
DAVID HISCOX, 44, MANAGING DIRECTOR, NAIROBI, KENYA

[a.jpg]
Photo by Luke Thomas

I wish I could become a wellknown and admired politician. It is uncommon in this part of the world to see women politicians, but I would really like to change that image and represent my people. If I became a politician, I would do a great deal to make the public happy.
SALMA LAHSINI, 27, BEAUTICIAN, SAFI, MOROCCO

[cartoon+b.jpg]

I wish all obese people would be wiped off the face of the earth and be served up to people starving all over the world. I wish we could snuff out the life of one rich American having a quadruple bypass in a private hospital and use the money to buy aspirin for all of Africa.
UNKNOWN




My wish is to remain poor. I wouldn't like to be rich; it makes you sleepless. Thieves don't come here as they have nothing to steal, so I don't worry when I leave my door open at night.
NTUNUSI THEDI, 67, FARMER, MATUGA, UGANDA



I wish Africa would come out of the hellhole it's in. It would be developed but still have its own feel. What would it look like? I picture a bridge or some sort of highway that connects the whole continent, from Cairo to Cape Town. That would be the longest road in the world. It would be like, wow!
LUYANDA NGOBESE, 19, STUDENT, CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA

  [a2.JPG]

It's just the white people who say money can't give you happiness, and they are the first people to run after money. They will kill you for money, but they don't want people to have money like they do.
MUSY MUSTAPHA, 30, FROM CAMEROON, STREET VENDOR, CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA

  [a.jpg]

If I could have both my hands back, I would be satisfied with that. My hands were chopped off at the very start of the war. I was the very first casualty of the war. After my hands were chopped off, I was sent back to Freetown to give the message to the government.
TAMBA NGAUJAH, 44, EX-SOLDIER, FREETOWN, SIERRA LEONE



I wish I could afford a bullet for Jean-Bertrand Aristide [former president of Haiti], Robert Mugabe [president of Zimbabwe] and Thabo Mbeki [president of South Africa] because they're fascists and I don't want to be run by fascists. Why Mbeki? Well, Aristide is a fascist, and so is Mugabe, and Mbeki is friends with both.
LEONARD"PUSS",50, SALESPERSON,CAPETOWN,SOUTH AFRICA




I would like to be a wizard. I could do anything, just like God.
MANASSEH WELLINGTON, 12, STUDENT, ACCRA, GHANA

http://www.colorsmagazine.com/ (all quotes and most pics)
http://saharanvibe.blogspot.com/ (only pics)