Wednesday, December 30, 2009

"Excuse me,can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago but I don't know where I am."

irish_car_bomb

"I was in Belfast touring Ireland and a bunch of friends took me to a pub very close to Queen's University in Belfast. It was the first night I was there and was a little beat from the 6hour ride up form Dublin.

We went out to a very popular local pub and I made the biggest mistake of asking for an Irish Car Bomb after I had 2pints of Guinness. I swear it was like a scene in a movie when everyone goes quite and looks in my general direction. Needless to say I didn't get my Irish Car Bomb. My friend who frequents the pub told me they still ask how I'm doing, this was like 5 years ago".

An Irish Car Bomb is a beer cocktail similar to a boilermaker made with Irish stout, Irish Cream , and Irish whiskey.